Minimalistic Drawing App
Doodle-A-Lot is a minimalistic, just enough, drawing app, made with an Apple Pencil in mind. It's easy to use and a lot of fun. You can export to the Files App or Photos. Exports are 8.5 x 11 @ 300 dpi in PNG format. The ink is smooth, but like the real thing, it picks up that organic irregularity that exists with pen and paper.Get out of your left brain and enjoy the simplicity!
I love doodling, ever since I was a kid. It relaxes me. It's fun. It's creative. It's a way to express myself.When the iPad first came out, I jumped on board. I used it to draw and think on "paper", no longer in dozens of notebooks. Drawing apps, typically, are busy with many great features, enough to overwhelm my creative sensibilities. I wanted an organic, real inkish like experience, with just enough features to get the job done.So, I wrote most of this app in 2017 and have used it ever since. Recently, I added folders to be better organized, a lasso tool for better layout and editing, and decided to share it with the world.I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
Note: The best drawing experience is definitely with an Apple Pencil.
- Ink pen & eraser - separate size, pressure, and pencil mode
- Turn off Finger Draw in settings
- Lasso tool - move, stamp/copy, rotate, scale, flip horizontal/vertical, and delete
- Graph paper, lined notebook paper, isometric, perspective, newsprint, etc.
- 2 layers - separate undo stack, merge, trace mode, hide, and clear
- Copy and Paste a layer to another Drawing File
- Menu hide button
- Create folder (tap title to rename)
- Create new doodle (tap title to rename)
- Multi-file export
- Multi-file delete
- Multi-file move to a different folder
- Export to Files App or Photos in PNG format
(8.5 x 11 @ 300 dpi)
- Normal export - with current background
(good for digital distribution)
- Transparent export - no background
(good for editing in other apps)
- 1-Bit export - black & white only
(good for printing)
- Duplicate doodle
- Delete doodle
- iPadOS 15 or newer
- Apple Pencil strongly recommended
- 2GB RAM or more recommended
(not storage, but working RAM)